Welcome back students and parents! My name is Shannon Hudson -Odoi and this is my 3rd year serving in the role of Professional School Counselor for Kerrydale Elementary School. As the school year begins, I would like to make you aware of the services available through your school counselor. The program is designed to promote academic, personal, and social growth, as well as career exploration. At the elementary level the counselor works with students in the classroom setting, individually, and in small groups. Referrals may be made by parents, staff, or students. If an issue cannot be resolved at the school level, the school counselor will identify and assist in coordinating resources for parents and students with community agencies.
If you would like additional information regarding programs/services provided, feel free to contact me at the school at (703) 590-1262 between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:00 pm or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The vision of the School Counseling Program at Kerrydale Elementary School is to develop the foundation for student success through the practice of interpersonal and intrapersonal skill building in a safe and inviting environment.
The mission of the School Counseling Program at Kerrydale Elementary School is to provide high quality, comprehensive school counseling services to all students. The School Counseling programs are designed to help all students develop and enhance their academic, social, career, and personal strengths in order to become responsible and productive citizens.
The Professional School Counselor at Kerrdydale Elementary School believes:
1. All students can achieve at high levels.
2. Every student is valuable and is treated with dignity and respect.
3. All students will have access to high quality school counseling services, provided by a full-time licensed, professional school counselor.
4. All students’ ethnic, cultural, racial differences are considered in the design and delivery of school counseling services.
5. All students can expect that school is a safe and nurturing environment.
6. That committed, working relationship with stakeholders, especially parents and teachers, is paramount to student development.